[Dailydrool] Stinky hounds and blanket stealers

Nicole Haase nicole.haase at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:57:10 PST 2012

The thread has left me wondering just HOW stinky the hound in question is.

My Flash has a very distinctive smell, but it really only comes out after
he's been under his blankets for awhile. It's like he's a bad, stinky
sweathog. He's worse than a teenager.

This leads me to what might be a whole new thread - anyone else's hound
spend more time under a blanket of it than out of it? Flash is 11 and he
will not sleep if he's not completely covered in a blanket. Occasionally
he'll tunnel himself under one, but most of the time he just cries til one
of us covers him. My girl hound, Betsy, however, can't stand to be covered.
She freaks out if I throw blankets over her.

And he's a blanket hog! I call him my blanket-stealing bas$%&d. I'm a
generally cold person and our house is old and drafty. Since I can't keep
turning up the heat, I have throw blankets all over the house, as well as
at the end of the bed in case I get cold out night.

And Flash steals them all.

This is his version of counter-cruising. I don't know how he reaches some
of them. And sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night to him
tugging my comforter off of me while he's wrapping himself in it. Stealing
my blanket right off me while I sleep!

To get him to go outside I have to unwrap him from sometimes up to 3
blankets and as I do, the Flashy stink emerges.
--
Nicole Haase
nicole.haase at gmail.com