[Dailydrool] Vet appt

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:42:50 PST 2012

Oh Debbie!  I could just imagine that woman's face when you told her
the reason for the office visit is that the dog smelled.

At most vet offices - the assistants are instructed to write down
exactly what a client tells them.  Tia (atb) developed an abscess on
her rear end.  Off to the vet with her.  I tell the person that made
the appointment that there's an abscess on Tia's rear end.  When they
checked us in at the front desk, I told them again there's an abscess
on her rear end.  The assistant that put us in the examine room asked
why - so again I said there's an abscess on her rear end.  When I was
asked for the fourth time I finally said "there's an abscess on her
a$s".  She wrote it on the record and left the room.  The vet talked
in moments later with the biggest silliest grin on his face.  He said
"only you would phrase it like that."  Maybe I should have said bump
on her rump.

If Bessie has a yeast or bacterial skin infection, she might smell a
little ripe.  Dexter smelled yeasty.  He had yeast and fungal skin
infections.

Jan
Lady & Dexter