[Dailydrool] Stinking hounds

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Feb 22 07:34:18 PST 2012

When I first had Rolph he was super stinky. Even after I washed off the smell of the horrible pound he came from, he was smelly. And, of course, Rolph doesn't have the classic, hard, oily, basset coat, he has a soft, fluffy, long coat. It seemed to settle down after about three months - the same time that I relaxed into basset ownership and he realised this time he really was in his forever home.
Clara stinks sometimes, but that has to do with eating and rolling in cr*p - and there is only one remedy for that. A shower.

I wish I knew how to get pictures from my mobile onto the computer. The other day I caught Clara on the dining table. I yelled "Clara!" and she jumped off, on to a chair and stuck her head under the tablecloth - and stayed there. Daft animal.

Drool to all in need.
Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK