[Dailydrool] Sick one tonight

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 17:32:02 PST 2012

HI all,

We have a sick hound this evening.  Bona spent the afternoon at the vet
today, as she has eaten what I believe to be a cloth bag.  These are bags
that are about 5x7 inches and I think she had more than one.  One came
through her system, if you know what I mean, but she has been throwing up
today, so I think she has one blocking.  She will go back tomorrow for a
barium series to see what is going on better, since this is not showing up
on x-rays.  Bona is our chewer, and is spending tonight in a crate to
prevent her from trying to eat anything else right now...she is hungry.  I
think I will get out the air mattress and set it up in the dog room and
sleep in there with her, so I can hear if she needs me.  We are hoping this
will pass through, and avoid surgery.  I have said from day one with this
gal that her stomach will be what gets her, pretty sure this is not the
time.  Please keep this little one in your prayers.

Thanks!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!