[Dailydrool] This and That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:29:39 PST 2012

Our vet was the first person to discover that Jersey will bite. She was
very sick when she came to us and he wanted to give her a pill while she
was there in the office. Well, all I can say is it's a good thing he's fast
or he would have had a few shredded fingers! I personally have the
philosophy that, if I can avoid the potential of one of my dogs biting
someone, I do and I muzzle them. I would much rather muzzle Jersey at the
vets than have someone get hurt and have to get after her for something
that is in my power to avoid. In the years since then she has learned to
trust and we don't always muzzle her for her office visits but, when in
doubt, I would muzzle a dog before I even walk into the vets if I think
that there is a chance that someone might get bitten. The bite from an
anxious, stressed dog is just as bad as the bite from an aggressive
dog. Better safe than sorry!

Suzy is our girl who wants to be completely covered when she goes to bed.
She has her blanket and you can't even see her nose by the time we're done
tucking her in and she likes it like that. Once in a while we'll let all
four come into bed and snuggle with us and she immediately shoots under the
covers and goes down by our feet. Suzy actually is the easiest one to sleep
with because that's where she wants to be. Shadow likes to be covered but
she'll wedge herself between us and lie on her back with her head on the
pillow just like a person. We cover Jersey with a blanket when we put her
to bed but she never stays under it and Ginger has no desire to be covered
at night but will sometimes go under the covers with Suzy when they come in
bed with us.

We buy BIG cans of green beans for the hounds and generally buy four of
them every week. We also buy four large containers of low fat vanilla
yogurt, a couple of two cup packages of sharp shredded cheese, two large
bags of baby carrots and, right now, some ham bits to get Shadow to eat. We
did have one kid ask us what we did with all that stuff one time and he
looked at us like we'd grown two heads when we told him we fed it to the
dogs! I think he finally decided that we're a couple of nutbags! Debbie,
you had better hope that no one asks you what you're doing with your
groceries or you'll be joining me in the padded room they have waiting for
me!

The Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger