[Dailydrool] this and that

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 07:30:22 PST 2012

last july, i had a "free for one month" membership at BJs Wholesale Club (like costco, etc).  being only 1 in the household, i have never thought that these stores offer me much, as i don't need to store that much.  until that night in july last year.  with nothing to do, i thought i'd take a walk-through to see if there was anything, anything at all that i could use.  up and down the aisles, perusing all, not choosing a thing.  and then i came to the pets area.  and there it was.  Purina One Beyond, in 3 lb bags, for $1.50!!!!!!!!!!  i believe they had just come out with it, in this area of the country anyways, and that's why it was on for such a small price.  so i loaded the cart with all 56 bags (all they had in the entire store, the clerk said).  and then drove a few miles to another town's BJ's and bought another 32 bags, all they had, and piled the trunk and bag seat up to the rafters with it.  since i make gus a chicken every week, and he gets veggies with it as well, topped off with some of the kibble, doG only knows how long the Beyond will last, but a bargain is a bargain.  and i thought that was a huge one, especially after seeing a 3.5 lb bag of it at Petco for almost 7 dollars!
we have neighbors across the street who have a very old golden retriever.  from gus's first day with me, this dog sets him on fire.  his owners don't even put a leash on him, i guess because he ambles so slowly and just follows behind them.  they walk him at least a dozen times a day and whether gus is out in the yard (on a tether) or in the house, he goes wild.  if he's 2 rooms away from the windows and sound asleep on the bed, when this dog walks by the house, he flies out of bed down the hall to the window and barks his head off.  when we meet on the street, and i bring gus over to Ben, he just sniffs him, no aggression, but aise from that instance, he goes wild.  lately, these people, when they see gus in the front yard, will cross the street to walk Ben within 5 feet of gus.  i honestly think they enjoy the stress they put on him.  last night, i asked, "could you please walk him on the other side of the street when gus is out?"  and he just looked at me, smiled weirdly and kept walking.  i wanted to go marlene on him!  who would intentionally stress a dog out like that?  i've been told that the 2 sons, in their 50's i would guess, have special needs and that's why they still live with their parents.  but the father does the same thing!  when gus is at the window, going crazy, the father will plop the dog in front of the window and pet him for a few minutes!  what is up with that!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!
drool to all in need......
susan, loving slave to gus