[Dailydrool] Cover hogs.

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 19:34:42 PST 2012

At one point we had 3 dogs and 2 people on a king sized bed, two bassets
and on lab, which was about 180 pounds of dogs.  Ben would sleep at my  feet,
Cheyene at Kathy's feet, and Pw. Charlie between us.  He loved to  crawl
under the blankets, head first.  As he slept, he would push me to the  very
end of the bed.  I do not know  how my wife managed to keep 1/2  of the bed to
herself while Charlie had over 3/4 of the remaining half.   His crawling
under the covers always worried me, that he was not getting enough  air, so I
spent a lot of my sleep time listening to him breathing, so I could  raise
the covers to give him more air.  He even managed to push me out of  the bed
once.  He was a red and white hound and was the most stubborn and  mind set
hound I have ever known.  He had his schedule that HAD to be  followed.
Ben, a tri-color, is not as stubborn, but he is aggressive and  hates other
dogs.  But that is how it is.  Now we only have Ben, and I  really miss the
good old days.

Douglas