[Dailydrool] nervous dog

Sharon Novy sharonnovy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:38:47 PST 2012

My Bogart hated to get his nails trimmed at the vet when he was young.  So,
I bought a dremel and learned how to do them myself at home.  He did much
better at home with me and with the dremel it was much less traumatic than
clipping.  Over the years, he grew to like having his nails done as it meant
he got a special large treat afterwards.  In his elder years, I didn't even
need someone to hold him while I did them.

At that vet, he always barked and carried on until literally the day he
passed- even as he could not breath!

I never boarded him in a kennel.  I rely on friends or family to either host
him or come to my house when we are out of town.  I reciprocate by watching
their dogs when they go somewhere.  It is a win win for all.  Plus my guys
like the extra company!

Sharon Novy

Arizona