[Dailydrool] Muzzles at the Vet

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:09:23 PST 2012

Oh God Bless Every One of you who put muzzles on your dogs at the Vet's
because you think the dog might bite!!!
You just have no idea how many owners absolutely do not believe their dog
could POSSIBLY EVER under any circumstance bite, and the fact of the matter
is, every dog can. And Bassets--- my, with their smooshy, sweet looks and
those waving tails, who ever thinks about the size of the muscles that open
and close those big ole wet jaws, or the size of the teeth under those
flubby lips....I can personally attest to the fact that a biting Basset
packs a real wallop.
The worst bite I ever had was from a Cocker, but I got well and truly
nailed by our own Basset, too.
So if you think your dog might bite MIGHT bite, or you have reason to
suspect he would, don't be a fool: put a muzzle on him when he is in risky
situations like the Vets.
The dog pays the price for biting, so don't let him.

MomPerson to Nigel (I would. I really would. I swear I would. Wouldn't I,
Mama?) Llewis (I would too mebbe possibly.) Conley ( I bit Mom once.But not
hard and later it seemed like a dumb thing to do.) and Cooper (I bit the
Vet. She TOLD him not to try to jam that stuff up my nose, she warned
them....and she was right.)
(MomPerson says yes he did and yes I did warn them more than once and to
make it even worse they backed him into a corner first. I was not there.)