[Dailydrool] Very Nervous Dog's Family Thanks

James Emma dariaemma at verizon.net
Thu Feb 23 17:58:56 PST 2012

I want to thank everyone for all the advice about Tony and his vet anxiety.  He hasn't liked going but it was not as bad as last night.   We are going to combine all the advice we received and see what happens.  Desensitize going to the vet--walk around  in parking lot, walk in and out of lobby, walk in the back, all with no stress, very lo key.  Get a muzzle.  Try it out.  and above all, lots of great treats to encourage Tony.  I do not want any issues with biting.  Our 1st basset Benson, was nasty to the vet and did get an occasional muzzle.  Most of time, I held him thru the ordeal and then he was fine.  Tony freaked even the 1st time at vet's so it's not something new. Boarding or dogsitter is up in the air right now. If we have to go somewhere out of state, it will have to be a solo trip for 1 of us.  I'll keep everyone posted.
So, heartfelt condolences to all that lost a fur baby and drool from TOny.  Get well all the ailing babies and more drool from Tony.  Smelly dogs-i give Tony a bath every 4 weeks with aloe shampoo and wash his bedding every day. I use old sheets and cover his beds.  I do notice Tony is itchier than my other two and I don't know whether that is because he's white while the others were darker tri's.

Thanks so much to my friends on the drool,  Daria and Tony in FL