[Dailydrool] I found out what a beach is

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 25 19:20:58 PST 2012

Hi all, Snoopy here,

momPerson and I got in the car today, and drove about an hour to some place
called Fort Funston in San Francisco.  And Thor was there, he really was, he was
already there and he was waiting for us and Thor and I did the happy dance right
there in the parking lot, yes we did and a little bit of alligator mouth too,
right there in the parking lot.  It was a basset meetup and 8 bassets came in
the group and we found a couple more too later.

We went down a million stairs and there it was .... the beach.  A beach smells
just like cat food if you've never been to one, and I'd never ever seen the
ocean before and that is what smells like cat food.  I found out why!  I found a
hard cup and momPerson said it was a crab shell but it smelled GREAT.  We were
allowed off lead because it is a cliff beach and there is no place to go ....
just a couple miles of cliff beach with trails leading up on both ends.  So, we
RAN and we PLAYED and I think there were hundreds of dogs, all kinds of dogs.  I
guess usually the bassets stay together, but not today.  At the beginning Thor
got released and I got released and Thor headed BACK up the stairs at top speed
with me following and momPerson yelling SNOOOPPYYY and Thor's momPerson yelling
for him too and I came back and he came back with me and then we went down the
beach away from the trail and the momPeople said 'whew' ... and then .... I
scared the living daylights out of momPerson.

You see it was a pretty high tide and so the beach was a bit narrow in spots and
we were timing waves to get past a couple of tight spots and we made the first
one ok and the next one a BIG wave was coming in and momPerson yelled Snoopy
come on up on high ground ....but I didn't want to and the wave rolled right on
past me almost to momPerson and pulled out with a force.   It was up to my
collar and my whole tummy was wet and halfway up my side but thankfully my 72
lbs kept the ocean from pulling me off my feet and sucking me out to sea and
momPerson was running and she snapped the lead on me until we got to some wider
beach!  Honestly it wasn't fair the other dogs were all neck deep and nobody
tried to stop them but bassets aren't allowed in the water without a lead on and
it isn't fair.  I kept trying to sneak back into the ocean the whole rest of the
time but momPerson had her eye on me after that.

I must have greeted 100 dogs.  There was a black great dane that looked like
Cyrus with different ears and he was very nice.  Most of the dogs were very nice
but I liked the bassets best.  I came home and got the sand washed out of my
ears and a nice hot bath and dinner and whew ... sleepy time.

more later from a very sleepy Snoopy .... with Cyrus who was promised he can
come next time.