[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 204, Issue 1

Sue Pearson suesbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:20:09 PST 2012

I hadn't realised quite how ready to go to the bridge Winnie was.  She didn't appreciate the young ones getting supper when she didn't and was very snappy having her lead put on but once we were at the vets she let the vet put a muzzle on her and lift her onto the table all without a sound and just stood as the injection was given. It couldn't have been more peaceful. All my thanks go to Windmill Vets here in Winslow for making it a good ending. She was 15+ and has been declining for some time but has gone down hill rapidly in the last week. She is now not in pain or bothered buy cateracts or any of the other things that were going wrong. The two young ones are quiet but I don't know if they realise yet she isn't coming home later.She joins Olivia who went 3 months ago and Chippa and Georgina who went 5.5 years ago and also of course John the c at t who went 1 year ago almost to the day as they were the same age.
SueFred and Ginger who are both asleep.