[Dailydrool] Snoopy the cannonball

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 28 10:46:38 PST 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Whew!  He feels better today.  Yesterday afternoon was a slow decline and I was
getting REALLY scared and I couldn't hear any gurgling and his belly got bigger
and bigger and Wen e-mailed me and said give him Gas X and I did and he started
farting left, right and center ... just one continuous stream of dog gas and
then we could hear his belly rumble across the room and he curled up with
Cyrus.  For those of you on facebook check out the picture, he just laid his
head on Cyrus belly and Cyrus rolled over on his back like a mama dog and put
both his paws around Snoopy's head and let Snoopy lay his head there.  If you're
not on facebook and you want to see the picture e-mail me and I will send it.  I
gave Snoopy a SCANT dinner and oh BOY was he mad at me for that.  We took our
walk and then he was just kind of tired.  He went to bed with Julianne .... she
invited him under the comforter and gave him his own pillow and he just pressed
his back into her belly and they spooned all night.  I told her to watch and
listen and let me know if he needed any help.  Well, they both slept like stones
and then this morning ...... we had Snoopy the cannonball.

Yep, he lept out of her bed like he'd been shot out of a cannon and charged out
the dog door on a mission to empty Snoopy.  I am AMAZED at the sheer volume of
stuff that came out of Snoopy.  I'm sure we're not done yet, but he sure took
the edge off.  And he was drinking TONS of water all afternoon yesterday and I
swear he peed for 5 minutes this morning.  After that, well, he was charging
around and grabbing toys and trying to get Cyrus to wrestle and just I don't
know what.  Maybe buzzed off of the chocolate?  Maybe releived to not have such
a stuffed gut.  I got him to settle down to a dull roar for breakfast and we all
got dressed.  I'm at work and the girls are at school and he's home with Greg
and Cyrus.

We're still hoping that he didn't eat any little sharp pieces of the ceramic pan
(it broke into about 10 pieces and there were some little tiny pieces that we
swept up when we found it) ... and if he did that it was well padded.  The long
and the short of it is that we're hoping everything comes out ok.  BTW, that is
why we didn't make him throw up .... they told us if there is any chance that he
ate something sharp do NOT make him puke, so we're waiting it out and so far so
good.

Thank you very much for all the good thoughts, kind notes, and drool.

--Dale ... with a very naughty Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of Missing Objects and
Cyrus who is exhausted from mothering Snoopy and needs a nap already