[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is turning 9

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 29 07:06:32 PST 2012

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Angela has had an uneventful winter with many hours spent
on the couch or in my big chair, dozing happily and noisily
in front of the fire, rousing only when the fire begins to pop
at which point she waits to see if it will quiet down, then gets
up and goes around behind the chair.  I wouldn't dare burn
hedge or any other noisy wood lest I incur the imperial wrath.
Miss Angela maintained her drowsy stoicism while I went
through problems with blood pressure and, on one occasion,
 a kidney stone.   She has grayed significantly since last year
and is much less energetic.  Ditto for me.

Next Tuesday, March 6, is my petite flower's 9th birthday.  We
will be having the usual open house to celebrate the event so
if any Droolers are in the vicinity of Wichita, stop by and say
"Hello", wish Angie a happy birthday and have a drink or some
snacks.  She will be happy to see everyone.  This year both
Angela and I have gained a shameful amount of poundage
so we are asking that no gifts be brought (though Angela has
not fully bought into that idea).  She doesn't wear "cute" outfits,
doesn't play with toys and doesn't need snacks.  I drink too
much so the conventional bottle of wine is not needed either.
(Angela says I don't wear cute outfits either)

We are looking forward to spring and making vows to spend
much more time outside, walking around the neighborhood.
We have been hopeless about the exercise through the Dog-
awful heat of last summer and didn't pick back up when things
cooled off.  Angie really needs to get out.  The neighborhood
just seems to go to seed without her supervision and some of
the other dogs seem to get the idea that their opinions matter.

Bill (cleaning the house-it'll take the week)
Angela (No gifts?  Are you crazy?)