[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:06:07 PST 2012

Hi, Anita.  First, congrats on the tumor!  I think a lot of us would
be interested to know what alternative treatments you used!

Second, I can think of a couple of other reasons she may not be able
to get up.  Is there a possibility she has spinal problems?  Like
fused disks or stenosis (basically, arthritis of the veterbra)?  Maybe
an Xray would help you diagnose that.  or if you know a doggie
chiropractor, maybe an adjustment might help her.

As to hearing her at night, hmm; maybe you could attach a couple of
small cat bells to her collar?  YOu can often find small "jingle
bells" in the craft section at places like Walmart.  Maybe the
jungling caused by her paddling would wake you up?  Or - maybe you
could get her a large crate of X-pen to sleep in at night, in your
room, to keep her in one place? Or maybe set an alarm and get yourself
up 2-3 times a night to check on her and help her outside if needed.

Hope some of this helps; poor girl, it ain't easy getting old.

Not being able to get up is the problem.  She is sleeping a lot, which
is fine, but a lot of the time she is sleeping on the floor in one
room or another, and she sleeps on her side, always has.  What is
happening is, she is on her side, wakes up, and she can’t get up.  The
legs are paddling like crazy but her feet are not hitting the floor,
it’s kind of like a bug on its back except she is on her side.  If I
am home and hear or see her I go over and start rolling her onto her
belly and she hops up.  But if I am gone or she is in another room
sleeping at night, I don’t hear her.
--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!