[Dailydrool] (no subject)

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Thu Feb 9 17:34:30 PST 2012

I don't know for sure, but this started after the tumor problems at Christmas, so I'm guessing it is connected.  But I could be wrong.

What happened is (this is the Vet's explanation) the tumor died, and as any tissue does that dies, it decomposed into a large, bloody, pussy, horrible mess.  Vet said if the body is not able to reabsorb it, it is coming out, like a volcano.  Which is exactly what happened, one morning there was a large, deep hole in her back above her hips that was oozing thick, bloody nastiness.  Later that day there was a second hole overlapping the first, all oozing thick nasty mess.  That evening I left the room for a minute, all dogs asleep on beds or on floor, and when I returned thick, bloody ooze was pouring out of Anna's back, it was all over the floor and still pouring.  I put pressure on it and managed to get it stopped.  (This is Christmas Eve Eve by the way.)  Pressure bandage for the next couple of days until we could get into the Vet.  It was really awful.  Her back is almost completely healed now, but I imagine inside her it is still healing, and I think it must hurt to twist, so when she lies on her side like usual, she does not twist her torso to get one of her legs under her to start standing.

Somebody else mentioned bells, I might think about that, maybe make an elastic cuff for one leg with bells attached, and hopefully when the paddling starts I'm home and hear it.  She really gets upset/worn out/stressed when this happens.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net