[Dailydrool] Dog beds

Ross Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:25:00 PST 2012

I got an "aha" moment regarding dog beds when the most knowledgable Dawn of the West pointed out the best filler for dog beds is regular bed pillows. They are cheap at Wally world or Costco and washable. Also easy to remove and replace in the covers.

As for the zipper issue, I would say velcro or buy some grommets at a craft store, make holes and lace up with cord. You can try and bury the tie end inside so it's not so tempting to chew.

The search will always continue for the best dog bed...

Oh, of you have the room, a great dog bed is a crib mattress. They are plastic coated so easily wiped down and you can use crib sheets (which only come in pastels and get really dirty...) or old comforters, etc. you can use a larger fitted sheet and sort of wrap it around too, which you can get in darker colors, flannel, etc.  the dogs love it, but it does take some space.

Synthia, chamber maid to
Zuma, Kahuna, Tucker, Rudy
Saintly Cardiff, Newfie Griffin, Bullie Kendall

Sent from my Verizon iPhone