[Dailydrool] Is this a beagle?!?!?

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:54:27 PST 2012

The ears do look a bit long for a beagle, but I don't think they're long
enough for a top show basset. (They need to easily touch in front of the
nose, if i recall correctly.)

That said, the editing of the captions left something to be desired
("Shown here is are two German shepherds."), so it's entirely possible
that it was misidentified.

Oh, and Waldo ATB frequently had people in our neighborhood stop and ask
how my beagle got such a large head (he was about 70 lbs.) And Basil is
frequently taken for a Doxie, because he's mostly black and on the small
side for a basset.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB