[Dailydrool] stuff

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:54:25 PST 2012

Regarding colors of bassets, I don't really see any behavior differences, and I have  2 mostly black, three red and white, one black and white, and a couple of tris.  Mama dog Pumpkin, never bred, just the oldest female in the house, was almost completely black when we rescued her from North Shore Animal League, here on Long Island, but she blew that coat out and became a mostly brown dog with a black saddle back.  God bless her spirit, she is almost 12, and she was just running around the living room tossing toys, and she has her toy bear sex partner that she does a sexy dance with almost every night.  I wish I had her energy, she is a great mama dog.
Jean Paul is also mostly black, and he is still mostly the same.  He has health issues from puppy mill breeding.I have a few red and whites and a few tri color bassets, but all in all, I really believe that what they look like is not what they will be.
As a second note, and I am not trying to get involved in flaming wars, just a gentle expression of opinion, so here it goes.
Please don't be too harsh on WKC.  I understand why the flame originated, but really, there are so many people in the population of the event who really do care for rescue and rescue dogs.  I know why they wanted the advertising to change, and in my humble opinion, maybe for the better as, I too, many times, was so turned off by the sadness of the ads, that I turned off the tv or changed channels.  Those commercials were unbearable grief to me, and I know the plight of dogs in need, and I donate generously to many causes for animal well being.  Shouldn't WKC be allowed to be joyful.  It is a wonderful experience, a wonderful expression of the craft of breed.  Heck, I have only gone twice in my life time, but my dad, who was a Veterinarian, serviced this event for a long time, and he was a honorable man, and he would not have been in service to anything that was tainted.  Dad was a gentle and caring person for all species, especially GSD, horses, birds and because of me basset, but he loved all.

Just my humble and caring and loving opinion.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jax and the herd