[Dailydrool] licking

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 17 08:36:37 PST 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Our Snoopy came out of the dog pound with every kind of infection I can think of
.... brown discharge from the nose, yellow from the eyes, cough, ear infection
and the feet .... yes he licked his itchy sore feet and sometimes they were
BRIGHT RED and he was on so many meds ... my vet said let's tackle the stuff
that is serious (ears/lungs/eyes) and leave the feet for after he's better.

Well, I couldn't leave it alone so I googled it and found a recommendation for
making up a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and half warm water and rinsing the
feet in it .... apparently they are prone to a fungus infection in the feet and
vinegar kills it.  I called my vet and she said it didn't sound like a bad idea
... she recommened washing the feet in a good doggie shampoo and then rinsing
them off with this solution.  We did this several times a day and his feet
cleared up.

As always, your mileage may vary.  Like chicken soup .... couldn't hurt.

--Dale