[Dailydrool] Very nervous Dog

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 22 16:49:54 PST 2012

So, Snoopy didn't do this.  Snoopy loves the vets office, they have cats there
and he loves cats so he can't wait to go in.  And, he likes people, he's a
social butterfly.

My Sugar Magnolia though...she was scared of most things and she peed when she
was scared .... and so ... yep .... she peed the minute we got in the door of
the vets office.  Every time.  The vet suggested I start bringing her in once or
twice a week.  Just bring her in, weigh her, give her some treats that they keep
there on the counter and leave.  Don't even let her interact with the staff.
So, a couple of times a week I'd come in with my sweet Maggie and give her
cookies and weigh her ... and leave.  I'd talk to the staff, but they ignored
her, and she them.  If a staff member tried to talk to her, she'd pee.  Finally
someone offered her a cookie ... it might have even been another client but she
took the cookie and she didn't pee.  I don't even remember when she stopped
being afraid and started being excited that we were going to the cookie place.
It worked though.

good luck,
Dale