[Dailydrool] toileting issues following kennelling

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 10:29:22 PST 2012

In my experience dogs (and kids) will rise to your expectations.  My father
always said don't set your expectations too low or your kids will lower
themselves to meet them, and I believe he was right.  I have always taken a dog
freshly pulled from the shelter outside frequently for the first few days by
simply going outside myself all the time.  And all of them have made one or two
mistakes and that was it.  Of course, we have a dog door and we live in sunny
California where it is expected to be 75 degrees AGAIN today so that helps.

Just look for the best and help them along and it'll all work out in my
experience.

--Dale (I may be clueless but hey, it works for me)