[Dailydrool] Cooper

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 08:23:00 PST 2012

I have always found that a fearful dog should not be approached with an overbearing attitude. It only makes things worse. Cooper needs a sense of safety, not confrontation. I tried the tough confrontation with our Abner and got bitten for my pains. But when I treated him more gently, things improved.

Our behaviorist told me to throw treats to him to keep him from trying to attack my feet, and it worked, but generally you do not want to reward nervous or bad behavior. Give treats when he is calm.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets