[Dailydrool] Bugsey and Beauford update

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Sun Jan 1 05:29:56 PST 2012

Hey everyone Happy New Year!  This is Bugsey checking in with every one.  Beauford and I went to the vet yesterday and the Momslave is feeling ever so better.  Well sort of.  Beauford is in REALLY big trouble.  He was a brat for his x-ray.  A really big brat.  Like mom had to wear the funny apron and she called him so not so nice things because he was playing bucking bronco.  In the end, they got the x-ray of his hips.  She was mad when she saw how much hair and slime was all over her shirt.  We were going to get to go to Petsmart because tomorrow is Beauford's 3rd birthday.  Mom said no way was she going to Petsmart like that.  :(  The good news is that the xrays showed absolutely no more damage to his cartiledge.  So he needs to quit crying about those adequan shots.  He gets yummy treats.  I keep telling mom that I will take his shots for him and eat his treats but she says it doesn't work that way.  There is a little more bone loss on the right hip which is why we hear all that popping.  He also gets to eat dasuquin treats.  They are going to stop the phycox and see if he quits looking so red and quits scratching.

Unlike Beauford, I was a VERY good boy!  My ears look so much better that mom and the vet wanted to dance jigs, but they couldn't because they were too sore from wrestling the brat Beauford.  I even held very still while the vet pulled a big ol' ball of wax out of my ear and then they could see my ear drum and it was okay.  So to be safe, they packed my ear with BNT again.  I will stay on pred every other day for two more weeks and keep eating the yummy Z/D.  Then they will look in my ears again in two weeks.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Meanwhile, we really appreciate all the people that wrote us when mom was going crazier than usual.  We have been sending up prayers and heart healing drool for all the people who have lost hounds.  We apologize that we haven't sent any individual notes.  We know first hand how imprtant they are, but they just make mom cry buckets after losing our sweet Louise this year.  We also hope that Aunt Beth heals quickly.  May every one have a Happy New Year!

Bugsey and Beauford (I only get Z/D for my birthday) and Momslave, Jennifer