[Dailydrool] The Bassets New Years eve party to which I was not invited!

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 08:11:34 PST 2012

Since my X (who is still living here) was going away for the weekend and taking his bassets, I thought I would have a nice quiet New Years evening at home with my hounds. I went to the store and bought myself some treats and a nice bottle of wine. I fixed some appetizers and watched a movie with Loki and Jordan sharing the couch and Crackers enjoying the recliner. About 10:30, I toasted all my Drool friends and went to bed.
This morning I came down and first there was a number of poops in the hallway and pee on the kitchen floor, Ok, last outs were earlier than normal. I walked into the kitchen itself to discover the large can of ground coffee and its contents spread all over the floor. I knew that was Ms Jordan's handiwork because she has knocked it off the counter before but never opened it. I look around and there are 3 cookie sheets on the floor that I had taken out to make yam chips for the gang today and put on the top of the stove. . A little further away were two cutting boards which were on another counter. Also there were chewed grapefruit rinds (no idea there was even grapefruit in the house!) and cellophane wrappers from the crackers I bought which I thought I had put far enough back on the counter. Their biggest score was to pull a box (3 liter) of wine off of the counter and chew off the spigot. Luckily it appeared they did not like Cabernet as there was some on the flooe and the box was mostly full. And of course while I am standing there viewing the damage, they are loudly demanding breakfast. While they were eating I went to Dunkin Donuts for a couple of take out coffees before I tackled the mess.
Apparently worn out by their partying, they promptly went to sleep after breakfast.
So Happy New Year to everyone as I sweep, mop and scrub my way into the new year.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan

Kr1204
kr1204 at aol.com