[Dailydrool] Pearl could use some drool

Ross Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 05:42:33 PST 2012

Yesterday I gave everyone bully sticks and crated them while I was doing some painting. Griffin, the Newf, doesn't do crates. He took his outside and Pearl was with me. Pearl went out and found the remains of the bully stick (I thought he'd finished it) apparently buried in some leaves. Griffin grabbed it back from her and his tooth caught her cheek with a puncture below her eye going through into her mouth. Lots of blood and a visit to the e-vet. She got two sutures outside, two inside and sedated to keep from rubbing it. She did well last might and we all finally slept. This morning I woke to hear her licking her feet and she has a huge hematoma - eye swollen shut, blood tuning down her face. She is in surgery now to see if they can find the bleeder, not always easy, or at least hold direct pressure to get things stopped. We can't put a pressure bandage on her face so this is really the only choice. Pearl has tolerated anesthesia well for all her other procedures so with luck she will now. It should be quick once they start - 15 min or so. I hope to hear something soon.

Synthia, nervous momperson
All the rest home drooling and waiting for breakfast including Griffin who is really sorry

Sent from my Verizon iPhone