[Dailydrool] Fluid in chest

Sandy W sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:11:25 PST 2012

Becky,
Our Thumpy, the pit-basset, developed heart failure last month,  He started
having a cough and looked sort of puffy so DH took him to the vet.  He has
an enlarged heart so he started on Lasix 50mg twice a day (a water pill).
 He is not as puffy looking and is coughing less; the vet thinks it is in
the early stage.  Thumpy is about 14 yrs old; he was a stray who came to
live with us 10 years ago.  He is DH's heart ddog so I hope we get a few
more years!
There are other medications they can give to increase his cardiac output
and three is no pain so hopefully it won't slow Morse down too much.  He is
such a beautiful hound and we love to here the stories of his antics!
 We're sending drool his way
--
Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)