[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:00:03 PST 2012

The Daily Drool has become is like a second family for a lot of us and,
just like a family, sometimes we do things that make each other feel badly
or just plain piss each other off. I think I'm like a lot of people and it
always makes me feel bad when I see something that I know is going to
become controversial. First let me say that I'm so sorry for Yahoo's family
that you've lost a beloved hound. My heart goes out to you. However, I
don't think that anyone should be taken to task for not mentioning
it....certainly not Elder Clara! Quite honestly, your sarcastic note was
the first I had seen anything about Yahoo going to the bridge. Again, I'm
terribly sorry for your loss but I just don't think taking your grief out
in the manner that you did was necessary. I know I probably missed the post
about Yahoo and there's a good chance that others did too.

I tend to send personal notes when I respond to people but I thought some
of you who are looking for a harness for your hounds might benefit from my
note to Rose. We found Holt Training harnesses a while ago that work well
on the Houndettes. Here is a link so you can see it:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751397 You need an
engineering degree to figure out how to put the darn thing on but it gets
easier the more you use it. The Houndettes were notorious for dragging me
around the neighborhood and this style harness really does slow them down.
Plus it actually fits a basset hounds body which other traditional
harnesses don't seem to very well.

Bev, we're all hoping to hear some good news about Nigel. Heart healing and
get well drool is being slung to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger