[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 06:55:25 PST 2012

Poop eating....UGH! We're lucky and only have one who has that disgusting
habit. I always thought Suzy did it because she was crate abused and had
learned to do it then. Who knew that it's something that a lot of hounds
do! I love my sweet Suzy Q. but I'm always real cautious about getting
around her mouth! I really don't think that there is anything out there
that will inhibit a hound from snacking. If anyone finds something, share
it with the rest of us!!

The rescue behind CBHR in the Shelter Challenge is catching up to them just
like they did with BaRCSE last time. Please vote from every computer,
phone, iPad....whatever you have that will connect to the internet every
day. I'm actually able to vote twice a day if I vote first thing in the
morning and right before I go to bed. Please help them win that $1000. I
know it will go to good use for the hounds!

Our Shadow is on an eating strike. We've tried everything to increase her
appetite from changing food to shredded sharp cheese to stinky canned cat
food...the list is endless. Right now I'm dicing up a left over ham steak
into her kibble and that seems to be working. Well, this week. Last week I
was dicing up hot dogs. The week before I was using chunky sirloin burger
soup. The Houndettes mealtimes are actually making me a little nuts. I
wonder whatever happened to throwing their food into their bowls and
just having them eat? Our grocery cart generally has as much food in it for
the hounds as it does for us by the time we buy green beans, yogurt, baby
carrots, hot dogs for Ginger's pills and whatever we're using to entice
Shadow to eat. One of the kids at the grocery did ask me one day what all
the green beans were for and looked at me like I'd grown two heads when I
told him that I feed them to my dogs. Jersey and Ginger both can get a
little fluffy but they're hungry all the time when I have to cut their food
back so the green beans are a wonderful filler. I should be so good about
my own diet as I am about theirs! So, I'm trying not to worry too much
about my Shadow but I am worried. She's a little thing and the philosophy
that a dog won't let themselves go hungry doesn't work with her. A hound
who isn't food motivated! Who would have thought!

Heart healing and get well drool is being slung to all in need. The
mastiffs are here so we have plenty of drool to spare!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with visiting mastiffs Brutus & Sasha