[Dailydrool] Edmond's Gone Crazy

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 11:22:55 PST 2012

I believe the culprit for the following story began last week. We took our lovely basset Edmond to the Bay Area to meet my family and his cousins (we live in Portland, OR). It was about a 10 hour drive both ways but we all survived. I spent some time cuddled in the back seat with Edmond but he was restless to say the least.

Upon our return, he vomited his kibble. I figured he had eaten too fast (biscuits and other treats were staying down just fine). His next meal we gave in small doses, but same result. I thought, maybe he is carsick? After this went on for 3 days, he earned himself a visit to the vet. Unfortunately our favorite vet (and basset owner herself) wasn't available so we had to see "the other guy." He wanted almost $300 in tests, but thought his anxiety might have just upset his tummy. We opted for just sulfacate and a white rice/chicken only diet for a few days and the see how it went approach.

That fixed our little basset, but now he has gone crazy. I slowly worked kibble back into his diet, mixing it with the rice mixture until it was time for kibble only. Ever since then this is the meal routine:

Edmond stealthily approaches food bowl.
Pokes bowl with snooter.
Grabs ONE piece of kibble and brings it from the kitchen to the living room.
Drops piece and playbows.
Jumps in circles around kibble growling.
Barks loudly at least 4 times AT kibble.
Hops back and forth at kibble.
Looks at us (giggling from the couch) and eats one piece of kibble.
Returns to bowl and seats to eat rest of the meal.

Everything stays down just fine but its like he is trying to tell that kibble who is boss and to stay in his tummy! Such a crazy world he lives in... I'm trying to get video.

Love and drool to all who are in need. It took me forever to catch up on all the DD's we missed. So happy Beth is healthy, so sorry for those who have lost a furend, Nigel you get better, and congrats to Snoopy on his OEBE achievements!

Kimi & Edmond Dawd (I'll show that food who is boss!)

P.S. Keep up the great work from the Rainbow Bridge Elder Clara
P.P.S. After spending the holidays as a single hound, Edmond is searching for a love of his very own. If anyone would like a boyfurend please let us know. We can send photos :) He is almost 3 and a tri-color, freckled handsome houndie