[Dailydrool] Need Help Placing 2

gusandto at comcast.net gusandto at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 19:29:46 PST 2012

Hi Drool Family

     As most of you know I help Alexa with Basset Rescue of Puget Sound. I mostly interview foster homes and some times help with intakes. This is what I need help with.

Over the last 2yrs I have had no problems but this one is weighing heavy on my heart. Our web site we received an email from a father who's son had been deployed. He is now looking for a new home for the 1basset and 1 basset/beagle mix, because his son was loss only 8mth in to his deployment. When I spoke to him I could hear the sorrow in his voice and it was very hard to get a lot of detail from him. He told me that they were fine there for a while but he was working 12hr shifts and just felt he could not provide the attention they deserved. I had him fill out forms hoping to get more incite about them. I got some more but it took me a long time to write something up because I wanted to do my best for the man in his time of such sadness. I had a few leads before Christmas but they fell apart.

     Max is 8yr. He is a big wrinkly boy. He is use to benign outside and would prefer that with a nice dog house with a heating matt. LuLu is a super cute basset body beagle head 5yr girl. She love to play games with her treats when you give them to her. I'm hoping someone the with in Washington State or Portland area would be will to give these two a new home. They can be split up but are use to having a friend to hang with. I also you like to hear from other rescuers that have had similar situations and how you handled it. This is my first and I'm finding it way hard. I'm dedicated to see it through. I anyone out there wants more information just privately email me.

Patty Crawford

Gus ATB http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936
Wally ATB http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1175866