[Dailydrool] Chewy ATB

Margaret Kinsman peg_kinsman at att.net
Fri Jan 6 05:54:34 PST 2012

I have not posted on this site for several years as have had 2 jobs going at
once...both as a nurse and a watercolorist...but enjoyed lurking from time to
time and give thanks to those who have helped me through my first Basset's,
Chewy, puppyhood.

It is with profound grief and sorrow to say that Chewy went to the Bridge at
3:40 pm on 1/3/12 after 2 weeks of first developing disk disease and then
developing severe abdominal pain on Monday night that could not be controlled
even with Morphine. There was no definitive cause.

His death was just as beautiful as his life as he slipped peacefully away in my
arms while lying next to me.   He did not tolerate pain well and was tired of
having the pain that had suddenly developed the night before.

He has been a loving and faithful companion to both me and his ever-present
friend, Luke who misses him as much as I do.

The house will never be the same without that life force which brough so much
joy to so many.

Sleep well, my angel, and be at peace....you will be in my heart until my dying
day.

Peg and Luke