[Dailydrool] Colors and toys

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Fri Jan 6 05:52:48 PST 2012

This is mom slave to Beauford and Bugsey.  First off, I have noticed over the years that the first aid kit for humans and the first aid kit for dogs seem to be getting more and more similar as the years go by.  I am not really sure what that says about me.  Of course ours has more bandaids-large, extra large and giant.  I don't manage to do anything small.  As I age (and for the record I am only in my 40's), I find my skin thinning and bleeding at the littlest thing.  It reminds me too much of my father-in-law.  Anyway, don't forget the iodine and the vet wrap.  It is amazing to me how many really wicked wounds can wait until morning if you spray them down with iodine, put gauze pads (or kleenex, not exactly kosher, but it works) and wrap the whole thing up with vet wrap.  Vet wrap works great for humans too.

Now on to color and toys.  I realize that technically our dogs don't see in color.  Some of the latest reports have corrected that and say they are really more like red/green color blind.  Either way, my question stands?  Do your dogs seem to favor a certain color of toy?  I haven't noticed that Beauford prefers a certain color over another.  If you can pounce on it and shake it, he is good with it.  If he can make his brother upset by stealing the toy and pouncing on it and shaking it so much the better.

Bugsey cares.  He seems to prefer pink toys, then red and orange.  I am not sure what this says about his manliness, but he is neutered, so who cares.  He has two pink bunnies, a pink pig, a pink dragon and a red lizard that are firnly in "favorite" status.  For Christmas I got him a blue dragon like his pink dragon so he would have one when the pink one was being washed.  He could care less.  He also has a blue eel that is shaped a lot like his lizard, but he doesn't drag it all around the house.  Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Mom slave to Beauford and Bugsey