[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's Dyson

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 7 09:50:19 PST 2012

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela has the purple Dyson. Of course, I am the one who
"gets" to use it.  It is a wonder, generating such sucking power
that many of my area rugs are getting pretty short on fringe.  Yes,
it is heavy, awkward and noisy, but people put up with those traits
in me, so I can put up with it in a vacuum.  Because I am not at
all obsessed with tidiness, once we got the Dyson totally clogged
and bogged down.  Now we vacuum more frequently.  Sometimes
even every month.   Once in a while, we have a cleaning crew come
in to prepare the place for a social event.  They love the Dyson but
complain that it is too heavy.  I have run it after they left and picked
up enough hair to knit a buppie.

One bonus with the Dyson is that Miss Angela gives it a wide berth.
She does not linger in the family room if I am cleaning.  She finds
a quiet corner in which to stretch out.  She makes her retreat from
the room in a slow and dignified manner, giving me a "Must you?"
look over her shoulder.

I like the way the Dyson cleans out and empties.  I like watching the
hair accumulate. I even appreciate the way it intimidates Angie.  It
is a bit too powerful for some of my area rugs.  On occasion, when
I have company, I post them at the corners of a throw rug, asking
them to stand on them while I vacuum.  For some reason, many
find this amusing.

All in all, I think I prefer my Dyson to previous vacuums.  And as seldom
as I use it, it should be the last vacuum I have to buy.

Bill (the occasional cleaner)
Angela (the constant shedder)