[Dailydrool] Anyone have the "crud" info from a few years back?

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Sat Jan 7 17:00:47 PST 2012

I just read about Lynne Cheney's dogs getting sick, and it reminded me of the dog flu info, which was titled something along the line of "doggie Crud" or "doggie flu".   I know that I have the info saved at work, but can't access it.  I did give a copy to my vet at the time, which he appreciated because it alerted him to something he could look into further.  It might not be pertinent in this case, but boy that kennel should be sanitized before they take another dog in for boarding. Lynne, if you can find the info in archives it might be worth something, or not.  Hope your kids get well quickly! Thanks Debbie for the reminder about flu shots for dogs. It is not something we think about, but if they visit or are kenneled, it is a good idea.

It has been so busy at work for the last several months that I am only able to skim about one drool a week if I am lucky, and I have sure missed alot.  I know that Nigel went down in the rear on a likely permanent basis, and am so sorry that he is having more trouble.  We are definately praying for his recovery.  Sometimes it just never seems to end.  When Rocky's back went out this week I prepared myself for the worst, tumor or breakage or something insidious, but we are pretty lucky that he seems to have a more minor problem which is beginning to show signs of healing.  He actually got his rear legs under him and took a couple of steps unaided today.  He walked on the tops of his feet (toes curled under) but at least some signals are getting through.  His attitude is good, I let him out into the yard and he lazed in the sun for a couple of hours while I worked on the chicken coop and did some yard work.  Dragged himself around to potty and pretty much enjoyed being outside instead of locked in the back hallway.  I wish he were more tolerant of other dogs in the house, but he wants to eat the others if they come close to me. Seems content to be in the hall and the meds make him sleep alot.

So sorry to hear about Becky's Johnny and Chewy and all of those that I missed.  Those old dogs are the best.  Makes me think of Bubby and miss him all over again.  Doesn't matter how much you love them, eventually you have to love them enough to let them go back to the Ultimate Love that created them, and trust that He will receive them with joy.

Thanks to everyone who responded with hope and cheer for Rocky's recovery.
Gaylene
"My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a reflection of it."