[Dailydrool] Males and Females

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 06:46:54 PST 2012

I have a rescue so I get a lot of males and females and I must agree I see
more competition from two females than any of the males, males seem to be
more laid back and lazy; too busy sleeping to fight, now if treats are being
given out or I am cleaning out my refrigerator and doling out left overs we
may have a scuffle among everyone but the females seem to be more aggressive
than the males hey always win.The males will jsut waddle away rather than
compete.  I have a little old lady, Daisey Mae she is 14 she basically rules
the roost around here. She never bites or growls or shows her teeths she
just sort of turns to the other dogs and shakes her head while cussing them
out. as she hobbles barely staying upright because her legs give out on her
and pushes her way through. I have another female JOJO Bear who is a scardy
cat but whenever a new dog comes here she tries to bully them buy howling at
them when they are near her but after two days they realize she is all howl
and no action, she is around 12 yrs old, then I have a female Molly who I
just got last May from the pound she  sometimes stands over the food bowls
and growls at everyone till we tell her NO!! then she walks away. I have one
dominent female Looney who guards only our bed. She is fine out with the
group but if another dog walks near our bed while she is on it she acts like
she is going to tear their head off but she will not get off the bed to get
them and since they are on the floor they just keep walking by and ignore
her. I have one young female mix puppy Stinkypeet she is just a goof ball
right now but she thinks it is her job to get everyone barking when she
hears a noise outside. I only have three males right now Buster is a
chicken, he is afraid of his own shadow, Jack a Basset lab mix that is 104
lbs solid Black Dog he keeps our house from being broken into but he stays
away from the others as to avoid any problems he is a chicken too. Then I
have Charlie, he is so beautiful he has the longest widest ears and the
perfect markings of a Basset Boy, he has a little more testosterone than any
nuetered male I have ever known, he marks when I get new males just to let
them know he is the MAN he guards his daddy some but he is a chicken too if
a female confronts him he runs. I never see the males bother one another
they just meander around looking for their own space, the females though
they are all vying for top dog, I always say they call female dogs bitches
for a reason. LOL