[Dailydrool] Dogs and wine

Jules H jules56pt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 05:07:19 PST 2012

I think I have posted this before but here goes anyway.  I think bassets
love wine.  At least our first two did.  Not that we ever let them drink
any except for one accidental time.  When we had our first two girls we
were living in a house with an unusual kitchen.  It was an old house so the
cabinets had been built to accomodate the space.  There were some really
high ones for stuff that didn't get used much.  The DH's mother and sister
came for a visit.  They were not drinkers of anything alcoholic and neither
were we much but we had a half drunk bottle of red wine in the fridge.  DH
didn't want them to see it so he cleverly or not put it on its side in one
of the high cabinets to get it out of the way.  Mom and sis had been with
us for a day or so and we were all in the kitchen when there was a loud pop
and what looked like blood started running out of the upper cabinet. It
just so happened that the girls were standing directly under said cabinet.
They were being drenched with wine.  So what's a girl to do but lick it off
of her sister and the floor and the walls and anywhere else she could find
some.  It had gotten hottish in the upper cabinet and caused the wine to
expand and blow the cork.  I never laughed so hard.  I don't remember the
SIL' s reaction but it was really funny.  Sassy and Daisy had a great time
with their one and only experience with alcohol.  It was pretty silly to
hide it.  MIL was not amused.

These girls also liked coffee and tea when they could get it.  They liked
pretty much anything.  How I miss them.

Mom with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby  and the kitty boys