[Dailydrool] dogs and wine

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 08:21:05 PST 2012

Dogs are not supposed to drink. It is very bad for them.
Nevertheless I have one who adores wine.
Since he has one leg missing anyway due to cancer I share my wine with him.
He is limited to ten licks a day.(Out of my glass.) He knows what my wine
glass looks like. The Bassets cluster around and lick the floor where the
non-basset has drunk out of my glass. (I do not mind sharing with my dogs.)
There is even one kind of wine which he will not touch. I won't mention it
here but I never buy it because I figure if a dog won't drink it then I
probably shouldn't, either.
Watch those corks!! They will really plug up more than a bottle. You will
have a dog in surgery if they swallow a cork.

Bad MomPerson, allowing a minor to drink. (And grateful Cooper, Llewis,
Nigel and Conley.)