[Dailydrool] Male vs. females

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Jan 9 15:07:46 PST 2012

Okay I had to add my 2 cents to this topic. When I had the Fab 5, all ATB now (3 males, 2 females...Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad & grandson) No one was spayed or nuetered until about 3-8 years old...I wasn't the smartest dog owner at that time...Ol'school country beliefs.  I have smartened up sense that time. They all got along very well. Never had a fight.  Shadow my grandmother ruled the yard with an iron paw, but it only took a look from her or at the most she had to grab Comanche (Grandpa and my mischeivious hound) by the loose neck skin and give him a verbal what for. When Wolfie and Storm got older we did have a few incidents..came home a few times, Storm with puncture wounds on neck skin and blood splattered walls.  We believe that Wolfie was either having seperation anxiety comlicated with a little senility or he was sensing that Storm was ill (kidney failure) and was attacking his father. This started about 4-6 months before Storm crossed over. After the 3rd incident we started to seperate them whenever we left the house for more than a few minutes. But when one of us was home theres was never even a growl from either of them. As a child I had 2 females (mother & daughter) never a fight.  Now I have 2 brothers...never a fight (knock on wood)...they were also neutered at 5 months old.

I have worked with Doggie Daycare, babysitting other peoples dogs now for almost a year.  We have on average 25-35 dogs a day.  If there is going to be a fight, 9 times out of 10 it is one of our females going after another female.  All of our labled "problem children" (dogs to keep a very close eye on are all females! Oh and all dogs have to be spayed/nuetered to be in daycare. The only time we have a problem out of any of our males is one of our "grumpy old men" boxers...these 4 dogs don't like anyone in there personal space and defiantey don't want anyone trying to hump them...Any dog that attempts to mount one of the grumpy ol'men and it is game on...Fight.  We have to be on our toes when they are at daycare to prevent it...but with them we know what they don't like and do our best to prevent it.  But with the girls sometimes it is a female just deciding to go after another female for seemingly no reason.

Just my experiences.
Michele Momma to the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers
Colt "Ruger knows I can pound him into the ground"
Ruger "Oh yeah...bring it on brother lard butt"
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...