[Dailydrool] Help

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 11 04:40:58 PST 2012

We hve a Basset mix in rescue, Happy, he has Basset front legs and a
definite Basset tail but other than that we have no idea what he is maybe a
Dalmation Coonhound Basset???  Anyway the past year he has been anxious so I
have been purchasing DAP collars for him each month  those seem to be
working out okay.
 I have taken him to the vet several times in the past six months and had
his blood checked and a urinalysis with nothing abnormal shows up. But he is
peeing and drinking like crazy. I am at my wits end. He is going back to the
vet today, nothing has changed his diet is the same, his routine is the same
but he is drinking all the time and when he pees it is like a roaring river.
He is around nine I guess we are not sure we rescued him from the street
seven years ago we found out where he lived the fence gate was left open so
he roamed into the street and took him back to his owners but they did not
want him any more so we took him into rescue, we have had him seven years,
no one would adopt him because he marks, we have no idea how old he is. I
just had his teeth cleaned last month and a couple of cysts removed and his
bloodwork was perfect. Any ideas?
Also I give all of the rescues Interceptor for worms and never had a problem
but one of my dogs keeps getting whip worms Interceptor is suppose to
prevent whip worms so I gave him an extra dose last month and am starting to
see these worms again. maybe I am wrong and they are not whips. I always
have given Interceptor because he other HW preventatives do not kill whips I
am confused can a dog get an immunity to the HW pills built up over the
years???
If anyone chas any suggestions you can email me off list. here is my email:
chris at wmbri.org

Chris Bly Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. to see Happys picture go to
available Hounds at  http://wmbri.org