[Dailydrool] Keep your babies safe

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:05:42 PST 2012

*Yesterday we had some high drama here at Bluebird Acres.  I was not at
home, having taken my aunt to see my uncle at the nursing home.  Got a call
from my neighbor that he had found Arfur and Vito out in the street and my
gate wide open. I rushed immediately home. Now my gate has a huge bolt
closing and is never used at this time of year.  He ran out and herded them
back into the yard...they were so happy to see him they gladly complied.
His wife later told me that at that same time, a man from nearby was
walking down the street with his loose dog - a man who teases my dogs every
day.  I am so grateful that my dear neighbor saw them and got them safely
home. My gate is now once more padlocked and "keep out" sign placed on it.
And no, it is not a delivery person or whatever because the front
door/porch are right in front and this gate only goes to the back yard and
is very secluded with bushes and evergreens blocking it from view.  Cannot
tell you how upset and frightened my husband and I were by this, but the
gloves are off now.  Locks are on and signs are going across the sizable
frontage of our property. Thank God my boys are okay and my vigilant
neighbor was home!!

Beth, worried slave to Arfur (we habbed a 'venchur!) and Vito (we got to
play wif Unka Joe!)
*
--
*Word for the day: gratitude*