[Dailydrool] Drama queen and gate

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:32:36 PST 2012

Open gates! I don't think there is anything scarier that having a pack of
hounds running loose in the neighborhood. It's happened to us several times
here and we now have sturdy locks on our gates and there are only a few
select people who know where the keys are. One of the last time one of
our gates was left open was very like Beth's experience and that's when the
locks went on the gates. It's not a pretty sight to see this fat old lady
running up and down the street screaming for her hounds!

Suzy is our drama queen. She had some orthopedic problems as a puppy that
ultimately required some surgery. Of course, she cried when the vet
examined her bad leg. Then she cried when he examined her other one. Well,
she cried when he just took a finger and poked her so we really couldn't
judge anything by that! Suzy is still a drama queen even now when it comes
to having her nails clipped or her shots. Anything that she thinks is going
to hurt makes her yelp even before you do anything! She's just a very
sensitive houndette.

It's so cool seeing CBHR in first place in the Shelter Challenge for SC! I
sure hope we can keep them there so please keep voting!

The Houndettes are slinging get well drool laced with prayers from me to
all in need. Hoping to hear some good news about Maggie Wags, Nigel,
Daisy Mae and all the other hounds who aren't feeling well. The mastiffs
will be spending a few days with us starting tomorrow and will be more than
glad to help with drool patrol too!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger