[Dailydrool] Book Eater

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:32:03 PST 2012

The comments about book eating dogs brings back memories of Beethoven. That
little rascal didn't chew on anything as a puppy. Nothing except his toys.
And me. But when he as 5 or 6 years old I came home from work and he'd taken
up an interest in Bible studies. And church music of the 19th century. And
boy, was I mad. He knew it, too. We're talking antiques here folks. And
family heirlooms - my great aunts hymnals, my grandfathers Bible study
books. My own leather bound Bible I'd had for over 20 years. I have to say,
he had good taste. They were the best books in the house. After he had his
taste of those, he quickly degenerated into chewing any book he found.
Especially paperbacks. So I moved the books. Eventually, he expanded his
repertoire to other media: like the boxes that had my 50 years of my
departed father's 35mm slides and photos. This explains why, to this day,
the bottom 2 shelves of the bookcase have nothing on them <grin>!

Tim, Maggie d'Earest & Leia Round