[Dailydrool] My Lumpy Newmee

Reginas803 reginas803 at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 13:14:32 PST 2012

Hello, fellow Droolers!
It has been several years since I posted to the Drool.  I come to you now in search of advice.  My beautiful boy turned 9 December 28th and it seems like since his berfday, he has acquired 3-4 additional lumps across his belly!  We had a fatty tumor removed from his belly 3 years ago.  I am going to make an appt. w/ the vet next week.  In the meantime, I am growing more and more anxious...feeling each one, rolling it between my fingertips, praying they are all just fat (although he's not-?!) I know that a rule of thumb is that fatty tumors don't seem "connected"..is there any other rules of thumb that can apply??? Yes, this is a desperate attempt to have someone, anyone! But someone Basset Knowledgeable to tell me, sight unseen, that Newman is in fact perfectly fine and age is only an opinion!!

Also, my boy has grown soooo vocal!  Has anyone else noticed this is their older pups?  He groans and grunts all the time! Soo freakin adorable!  My little Lilli has one fatty "mole" (teeny) and she's almost (gasp!) 8.....pretty common in Bassets???

Prayers to all in pain...

Regina, mom to Newman & Lilli