[Dailydrool] Cyst Advise

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:59:45 PST 2012

Last year, Poppy had a huge cyst explode.  It was on her upper chest above
her legs.  It was so bad that she needed surgery to clean it up.  In
September her "spa attendant" (aka Groomer) was concerned that she had a
large lump.  So off to the vet we went.  It was the visit to the vet after
this lump that resulted in us finding out that she had Lymphoma.  Anyway,
they did a biopsy on the lump and determined that it was scar tissue.
 Well, it turns out this scar tissue was actually the old cyst coming back
worse than before.  She's at the vet every week for blood work and the vet
didn't want to do more surgery on her because of her weakened condition.  I
absolutely agree with that and try to keep her cleaned up.  But, MAN, does
she stink.  She's going back to the vet in the morning for her regular
blood work.  Any recommendations on what we can put on this to keep her
infection free, if not smelling better.  I know she's miserable with this
thing.