[Dailydrool] Adventures at 3 a.m.

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Fri Jan 13 05:31:41 PST 2012

Let me just start by saying, I gag easily.  Usually I am great in a
crisis. Blood doesn't faze me, but I don;t do icky. I just stand there
& gag. You can already see where this is going can;t you

Last night, Lucy woke up about 3 and asked to go out, so out we went.
I generally go out with one eye closed, but I like to go just to be
sure I pick up any poop that might happen, and in case of raccoons.

Lucy peed, then snuffled around about, mostly sniffing some
flowerpots. She picked up what looked like a curled up fall leaf,
dropped it onto the sidewalk around the house, sniffed it, went back to
the flowerpots. I kicked the dead leaf with my toe, scooting it off the
sidewalk, onto the stones that surround the house.  Lucy checked a few
more things out & turned to go.  She sniffed the area of the leaf once
then trotted back on her merry way.

When I got her in the kitchen, I could see she had something in her
mouth. Fortunately, she was right beside the counter where I keep the
disposable gloves. Folding her with one hand I not so deftly got a
glove & put it on. The gags started because I anticipated cat poop
wrapped in leaf matter.

Brief  pause to tell you I am gagging as a write this.

Well, it took a few tries but and Lucy certainly didn't want to let go
of her prize, but I got her mouth open & pulled out a DEAD MOUSE!
Serious gagging ensued.  Lucy looked like I just stole her doll.

Fiona was up by then, watching the whole thing.  Fortunately, when she
went out, no treasures were discovered.

Drool to all in need.

Adrienne Gillespie, Fiona & Lucy