[Dailydrool] Aw nuts, ringworm!

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:22:13 PST 2012

My little old Cleo & her skin issues. Allergies & scratching. Special
shampoos always used. Many different types of foods tried. Injections,
pills, and it still continues. So she has this place in her armpit and on
her back leg that we've been treating with a couple of kinds of meds and
yet another type of shampoo for both bacteria AND yeast. Well, the results
of the fungal culture came back and she has ringworm! OK, I always thought
ringworm was a real worm but it's just more yucky skin stuff. She's going
back in the morning and I'm sure will get more meds, creams, etc. Now I'm
worried about the other dogs. The vet tech said that at least Cleo's junk
is on her underside so she doesn't come into contact directly with the
dogs, and I just washed her bedding again. Now I'll have to be on the
lookout for the others. Argghghghgh. Does anyone have a big plastic bubble
I could put Cleo in? I'm having visions of that old Bubble Boy movie. The
fun never ends. Anyone have any other ringworm advice that they've used????

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."