[Dailydrool] Snoopy & Cyrus & Thor the houseguest

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 13 09:30:44 PST 2012

Good morning Droolers,

Well, I must still be clueless because I volunteered to pull a stray basset from
the pound yesterday.  It's just a short term foster until they can get him
settled and vetted ... probably just a couple of days.  I figure that can be my
contribution to rescue ... we have a 2 dog legal max where I live but Golden
Gate Basset rescue pointed out I can legally have dogs "visit" as long as they
don't stay longer than a few weeks.  I have lots of experience pulling dogs ....
every dog I've ever had my whole life has been a shelter dog.  This may be the
first basset I pull for GGBR and house until they can get him/her into long term
foster care, but I promise it won't be the last.  See, still clueless!

Thor is a sweet baby, but he is intact ... so we're dealing with humpty dumpty
here.  Cyrus told him  "you've got to be kidding bud!"  So he tried humping
Snoopy.  Snoopy tried being polite, he tried leaving, he tried saying stop, he
tried posturing, he tried body language, he tried barking at Thor .... finally
he and Cyrus discovered if they bark in unison at Thor he gets the message and
quits.  For 30 or 40 seconds.  Actually today that is stretching to half an hour
at times.

Thor is adorable and acts more like a puppy which I suspect he still is.  He
clearly has never heard the word sit before.  I don't think he's ever been
inside a house before either so that created some stress for him but he's
settling .... using the dog door .... going potty outside with the other dogs
(except for some marking).  At the moment I am in the office and Thor is under
my chair on my feet and Snoopy is behind me on the couch with Cyrus.  Working
from home .... sort of ....

If you want to see Thor check facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=2517973784939&set=a.1121032302275.2018373.1121096046&type=1&theater

or e-mail me and I will send pictures.

More later from the clueless momPerson