[Dailydrool] question about houseguests

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 14 08:29:44 PST 2012

Good morning Droolers,

So we had a debate at our house last night about Thor the houseguest.    I have
a crate in order to be able to separate dogs (humpers) when necessary.  It might
be because I am averse to them, but I have never had a dog in the house who
wanted to be in a crate.  We tried convincing Thor he should sleep on the dog
bed beside our bed (NOT coming up on out bed with Cyrus and Snoopy, that we know
is a bad idea).  He cried and said he didn't want to sleep alone.  So Natalie
said she wanted to sleep with Thor.  And I said ....

"I don't think it's a good idea to allow your child to sleep with a dog which
was pulled from the pound the day before."  I really did.  I said that.  And all
of the people and the dogs in our house looked at me like I was a clueless
momPerson.  And Thor and Natalie slept in her bed all snuggled up.

So whatcha think droolers? Now Thor is mostly puppy with licks galor and aside
from being humpty dumpty (gotta, just gotta get this boy neutred) he's
delightful.   So, is it ok to let your 12 year old sleep with a virtual stranger
from the pound who acts real sweet and seems REAL young?  Or should I be a bleep
and not allow it.

clueless momPerson who wants to know