[Dailydrool] Bassets and beds and the human

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 16:37:43 PST 2012

Ever since Jordan graced us with her presence, she had appointed herself Queen of the bed. Which means that every night when I go to sleep she is tightly tucked up against the small of my back. She normally does not allow Loki on the bed until almost daylight although she did relent a little during the holidays and let him spend the night by my feet or sleeping above my head lying across my pillow. The other night, only Crackers came upstairs with me at bedtime. I love snuggling with him and those of you that have met him know what he is like. He looked at me and the bed so I scooped him up and plunked him on the bed. One great thing about Crackers is that he stays where you put him. So he happily stretched out next to me and we went to sleep. At some point during the night, Jordan realized that I was no longer downstairs and came up and was apparently highly offended by Crackers presence in "her" spot. But instead of doing anything to Crackers, she proceeded to dig at my quilt, push at me with her head (she is a little bulldozer), lick my face, stomp around the bed and push pillows off. Of course, all this kept me awake and I knew if I put her out of the bedroom and closed the door I would be in for heart rending non-stop howling. Finally, Crackers took pity on me and got off the bed and went to his own allowing Jordan to finally claim her spot for the remaining hour or so before the alarm.
I had little sleep and some stiff muscles that morning.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki (who stayed downstairs) and Jordan the bedqueen

Kr1204
kr1204 at aol.com